Whether you are new to the workforce, looking to begin a career, ready to take the next step at your company or ready to transition to a great new opportunity, there are numerous resources to facilitate entering compliance or risk management professions.
Education & Training
These programs provide excellent entry points into successful and meaningful careers in high demand in Maricopa County.
• GateWay Community College – Healthcare Regulatory Compliance Certificate
Program is designed to prepare compliance professionals for regulatory changes in health care. If you are a health care administrator, help your employees gain the knowledge to keep your facility or practice penalty-free. GateWay’s online certificate program for health care administrators, managers and others with supervisory responsibilities addresses rapidly changing health care compliance regulations.
• Rio Salado College – Insurance Studies Certificate of Completion
Program is designed to provide knowledge and skills training for various entry-level positions in the insurance industry. Courses include an introduction to the insurance industry and principles of property, liability, personal and commercial insurance.
• Rio Salado College – Associate in Applied Science in Insurance Studies
Program is designed for students interested in gaining foundational skills in the insurance industry. Courses provide a framework of knowledge including an introduction to the insurance industry, principles of property and liability insurance, personal and commercial insurance. The program also includes a Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Insurance Studies.
• Representatives of these companies, who are members of the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation Compliance & Risk Management Workforce Collaborative, are ready to answer questions and discuss pathways and opportunities in compliance and risk management careers, including whether they have job opportunities available at their organizations.
- Gerald Roy, VP, Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Cheyenne L. Ross, VP, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Centene Corporation
- Ann Lindner-Little, Chief Risk Officer, District Medical Group (DMG)
• Pathways to careers in Compliance or Risk Management
Interested in a career in risk management but don’t know how to get started? Risk management professionals help companies mitigate risk including safety (preventing risk) and insurance (protecting against risk). Similar to accountants or HR professionals, these careers exist in a variety of industries including banking, insurance, health care and construction. There are opportunities for all, from starting a career in compliance to transitioning from another career or even within a company into a successful compliance profession.
AZComplianceRiskTalent.com is an initiative of the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation’s Compliance & Risk Management Workforce Collaborative.
For more information: info@AZComplianceRiskTalent.com