Start Your Career in Financial Services!
Arizona is a financial services hub with a growing number of positions, especially entry-level licensed professionals. As the number of jobs continues to grow, companies need alternative pathways for talent development and attraction.
Roles within financial services are high-growth, high-wage, and in high-demand!
Whether you have experience in hospitality, customer service, education, or just need a change, a career in financial services is possible! Financial services firms are looking for talented customer-focused individuals like you!
Looking for a rewarding new career?
Passionate about helping others?
Do You Have:
Excellent customer service and communication skills?
Motivation and determination to problem solve?
Learning agility to pass licensing exams?
Entry-level Financial Services Positions
Client Relationship Associate
Take inbound phone calls from current and potential clients. Answer questions, complete transactions, and have investment conversations throughout your day.
Financial Services Professional
Take inbound phone calls that allow you to assist, educate, and solve challenges with retail clients, also known as individual investors.
Financial Services Representative
Work in a phone-based environment focusing on service to sales with existing clients. Provide exceptional client care, grow client relationships, and guide clients with needs-based solutions that will support their financial goals.
Work with customers on account maintenance requests, opening and closing checking and savings accounts, setting up direct deposit, wire transfers, deposits / withdrawals / transfer of funds, debit card replacements, check orders, payments, credit card applications, and personal loan applications.
Answer inbound phone calls from Registered Investment Advisors to assist, educate, and solve problems related to investments.
Retirement Plan Services Representative
Provide high-quality service by supporting external employers’ 401(k) plan participants with their dynamic and complex needs – one may need help with a form while others may need education on various types of investments.
Note: Positions and duties may vary by company.
Perks of the Financial Services Industry
- Learn in a culture where growth and career advancement are a priority
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to deliver world-class client care
- Benefit from industry norms, including flexibility, training, collaboration, coaching, exploration, and innovation
- Develop techniques to confidently engage with clients by telephone
Tips from Industry Experts
- Embrace the approach of seeing everything through the client’s eyes
- Showcase your hard and soft skills throughout the application process
- Provide examples of your strong customer service skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication skills, networking, and teamwork
- Be open to receiving critical feedback
Explore Training Opportunities
While exploring the different financial roles you will see a common trend that some roles require licensing. One of the most common for entry-level positions is the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE or Essentials) Exam, which is a new Financial Industry Regulatory Authority exam for prospective securities industry professionals.
This exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge of basic securities industry information including:
- Fundamental concepts
- Types of products and their risks
- Structure of the securities industry markets
- Regulatory agencies and their functions
- Prohibited practices
Complete the SIE® exam prep program and be a top candidate for an opportunity in financial services! Maricopa County Community Colleges are now offering courses to prepare you for the SIE and put you on the path to your new career!
Get Started Today!
Contact our Workforce team with questions!
Michele Joseph | Workforce Development Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org