2022 Fall Virtual Technology and Cybersecurity Externship Application
Do YOU want to work in Tech and Cybersecurity?
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation invites you to participate in its 2022 Fall Technology and Cybersecurity Externship to build your network, cultivate professional relationships with Arizona employers and gain skills to help you successfully enter the workforce.
What will you experience?
Virtual Externships are paid structured two-week programs. Alongside fellow externs from across Arizona, you gain the following:
- Industry knowledge
- Insight into career pathways, required skills, company cultures, and career opportunities
- Resume and LinkedIn workshops
- Financial Education
- Project-based learning
- Networking events
- Field trips
- …and more!
October 10 – 21 , 4 – 8 p.m. MST
YOUR compensation: $450 stipend
Who you will learn from: Arizona Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Deloitte, eBacon, Equality Health, Ernst & Young, Honor Health, Maricopa County, Salt River Project, Secureworks, State Farm, World Wide Technology, Zovio, and more TBA!
Are you a good fit?
Check the eligibility requirements below:
- Arizona resident or attend an Arizona-based education institution
- At least 16 years of age
- Have a desire to pursue technology and/or cybersecurity-related careers
- No prior technology and/or cybersecurity experience is needed
- Be available to participate in the entire program
- Have reliable access to computer and internet, including Zoom***
- Previous applicants are encouraged to apply
***If you require access to a computer/internet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
**High school students who need support with resumes and cover letters, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In ONE DOCUMENT, please include your RESUME, COVER LETTER, and answer the following FIVE QUESTIONS. We are looking for enthusiasm, tenacity, communication, listening, interpersonal and transferable skills, self-motivation, pathway fit, resourcefulness, and persistence.
- What about technology and/or cybersecurity excites you the most?
- Please share what occupation(s) you are interested in and why.
- Provide an example of a time when you completed a successful team project and what made it successful.
- Describe a mistake and how you addressed it.
- How can this externship support you in advancing your education and career goals?
Please email your application in ONE document and include in the subject line “22 Fall Externship” to email@example.com.
**We recommend using the STAR method to answer questions 3 and 4.**
*Register HERE to attend an information session!*
DEADLINE: Monday, August 22, at 5 p.m. MST
“During this externship, I learned how to leverage all my experiences. From age and experience to background and upbringing, the externship did an incredible job bringing in different speakers, coaches, and mentors to lead (and cheerlead us!) to the finish line. On top of that, there are resume workshops, mock interviews, and research projects that helped strengthened our skills. I recommend this program to anyone in Arizona who wants to understand technology and how they can jump in!” – Luke Amargo, 2022 Spring Technology
“Engaging and impactful infosec sessions taught me the importance of creativity and leadership in the technical realm of cybersecurity. Through the team research project, I strengthened my communication and collaboration skills while engaging in a team with diverse perspectives. Looking forward to a career in cyber!” – Kavya Bhatt, 2022 Cybersecurity Extern
“Participating in the externship and working with the mentors/industry partners helped me gain insight into different roles and built my confidence to network with employers. It led me to interview and accept a job offer with one of the employer partners. Thank you to the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation!” – Michael Marshall, 2021 Extern